These Terms apply to customers who signed up prior to 9 June 2023. This offer is no longer available to sign up for.
We like to offer our customers something a little more wonderful when they join on a fixed term plan. Lots of words, we know! But here’s everything you need to know about the Offer. Grab a cup of tea and have a read!
1. This Offer is available to new residential customers who join Mercury for electricity only or electricity and gas (“Dual Fuel”) on a 2 year fixed term plan and are accepted as a Mercury customer in accordance with Mercury’s standard terms and conditions, including a satisfactory credit check..
2. This Offer applies for the duration of your 2 year fixed term and fixed price plan.
3. If you are in The Lines Company Limited (“TLC”) area, your fixed price does not include charges for transmission, distribution and metering (“network services”). You will receive a separate bill from TLC for these network services. In other networks, these costs form part of your total fixed price.
4. By taking up this Offer, you will receive a ‘Great Rates’ discount on your electricity or electricity and gas. By this, we mean you’ll unlock a discount on Mercury’s standard headline rates for your daily fixed and variable/inclusive usage charges for electricity or Dual Fuel. For the avoidance of doubt, the discount won't apply to the Electricity Authority levy, GST, or any special or service charges.
5. Your Great Rates discount is available for 2 years from the date we accept you as a Mercury customer (“Offer Period”), as long as you remain a Mercury customer. After that, your discount will expire and you'll get Mercury's standard headline rates.
6. As this plan is a fixed price plan, your charges for electricity or Dual Fuel are fixed during the 2 year period.
7. If you cancel your fixed price plan before the end of your term an early termination fee of $150 (inclusive of GST, if any) will apply. This early termination fee does not apply if:
8. If you move property during the fixed period, please contact us before you move and:
9. If you choose to move to a plan that includes solar generation rates for electricity during the term of this offer, your fixed term plan will automatically be terminated:
10. Your fixed prices are based on your current meter type.
11. The fixed price plan does not include GST, and any of the Mercury Service Fees. Any subsequent change to the NZ Government GST rate, and Mercury Service Fees within the period of this agreement will apply.
12. Please note that while the rates for other individual parts of your total price may change, we will make sure your total prices will remain fixed in line with this plan.
13. If you are in the TLC area and if TLC appoints us as its agent to collect the charges for network services from you, we will pass these charges on to you and so your total price will change accordingly.
14. You will revert to standard Mercury prices at the end of the Offer Period, unless Mercury offers you, and you accept, a new fixed term price plan before the end of the Offer Period.
15. Unless we tell you otherwise, you cannot combine this Offer or pricing plan with any other Mercury offer or pricing plan.
16. The Offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.