Mercury Yellow Texture


Please let us know if there's anything you're not happy about in your relationship with Mercury. We'll do our best to fix any problems as soon as possible.


Getting it right matters! We value that you choose Mercury, so we’ll try to resolve any problem quickly. If you have a complaint about the service you’ve received from Mercury, you'll find most issues will be resolved between us. Please call us on 0800 10 18 10, email us, or if you’d prefer to write to us, please post a letter to: Mercury, Private Bag 12023, Tauranga 3143.


Alongside your message, please let us know your name and how you'd like us to contact you.


In the unlikely event we can't resolve your complaint, for free and independent advice, here are your other options. 


Utilities Dispute logo



Utilities Disputes provide a free and independent dispute resolution service to help consumers to resolve electricity, gas and water complaints with their provider. If you feel your complaint has not been resolved properly by Mercury, you can contact Utilities Disputes Limited (UDL). Utilities Disputes Limited is an independent organisation that specialises in resolving complaints in a fair way, at no cost to the customer. Mercury is a member.

If your complaint is regarding rights of access, you can access the Broadband Shared Property Access Dispute Scheme (BSPADS). This free service is also provided by Utilities Disputes Limited.

You can call Utilities Disputes Limited on 0800 22 33 40, or send them an email or post a letter to:

Utilities Disputes Limited,
PO Box 5875,
Lambton Quay,
Wellington 6145,
Freepost 192682.

For more information, visit the Utilities Disputes website.


Telecommunications Dispute Resolution logo



If you feel your complaint has not been resolved by Mercury, you can contact the TDR. The TDR is a free and independent service that specializes in resolving telecommunication complaints in a fair way. Mercury is a member of the Telecommunication Dispute Resolution Scheme.

You can call the TDR on 0508 98 98 98, or send them an email, or post a letter to:

Telecommunication Dispute Resolution,
Freepost 214075,
Po Box 5573,
Wellington, 6145.



If you make a complaint disputing any amount on your bill, we won't disconnect your supply for not paying the disputed amount while we are investigating your complaint.

If you take your complaint to Utilities Disputes or TDR and we are advised of this, we won't disconnect your supply for not paying the disputed amount while your complaint is being considered.

Please note that you will still need to pay any undisputed amounts to avoid any action being taken by our credit department. Also, this does not stop us from disconnecting your supply for other reasons, as detailed in our terms and conditions.



Nothing in this process reduces or takes away any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or your right to make a claim to a court or disputes tribunal, or your right to refer your complaint to Utilities Disputes or TDR at any time.

Consumer Powerswitch is a free and independent energy price comparison site. Check it out to make sure you’re on the right plans for your needs.