WHAT'S DRIVING THIS?
As we progress towards a more electrified future, we’re looking at innovative ways to help manage the load on the national grid and support a countrywide fleet.
One way we're doing this is by testing a system that could help prevent grid overload by syncing charging schedules to off-peak times, maintaining a balance between grid conditions and your EV charging needs.
ARE YOU ELIGIBILE?
To take part in this trial you’d need to meet our eligibility criteria. The trial is available for Mercury customers who:
- apply to register their interest prior to 18 December 2023;
- are Mercury residential electricity customers between 1 March 2024 and 30 June 2024;
- own or lease a plug-in electric vehicle;
- charge their electric vehicle at the residential address where Mercury electricity services are supplied;
- have a smart meter at their premises and a stable internet connection at their property;
- remain at the same property and not be away for more than 2 weeks at a time during the Trial Period;
- own or have day-to-day access to a smart phone that runs on iOS 11 (or later) or Android 5.0 (or later);
- Have an Apple or Google account and use it for your App account set up and sign in;
- download and use the Mercury Charge App;
- provide us with access to the online account associated to a charger or car that allows us to enable smart charging; and
- agree to provide feedback on their experience through up to 5 surveys and possibly an interview.
- In addition to the above, agree to our terms and conditions.