HEALTH, SAFETY & WELLBEING POLICY
At Mercury we care about the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our partners, our customers and communities. We seek to constantly improve physical and mental wellbeing. There is not success without safety.
We recognise that a safe and healthy culture is more than the absence of harm; it is also about growing the capability of our people and systems to enable safe and healthy outcomes.
We are committed to creating an environment where people can thrive in their work, where physical wellbeing is enhanced and mental wellbeing is supported.
Our values of; Curious and Original, Commit and Own it, Share and Connect support and enable this commitment.
LEARNING AND SHARING
• Learning and sharing propels us to constantly improve the way we manage risk in every task we do.
• We us data and insights to help us grow the capability of our people and improve our systems.
• We encourage problem solving to learn and improve from our observations and incidents to make our workplaces better
• Every person has a safety responsibility.
• We enable our people to take the time to identify and manage hazards safely and responsibly. We eliminate hazards where it is reasonably practicable.
• We embed Health, Safety and Wellbeing in our work activities to meet our legislative and regulatory responsibilities.
• Our systems support robust risk management and change processes to verify and improve our control of hazards
• We promote and support our people and partners to participate and engage in Health, Safety and Wellbeing activities.
• We support our leaders to grow our safety culture through engaging and seeking participation in our people and partners.
• We have supportive environments where every person is empowered to speak up and make the right call.