Formal complaints

If there's anything you're not happy about in your relationship with Mercury, please let us know. We'll do our best to fix any problems as soon as possible.
How would you like us to contact you?:

Or you can give us a call

Phone our Customer Service Team on the following numbers
// Residential customers 0800 10 18 10
// Business and farming customers 0800 20 18 20
You'll find most problems can be resolved over the phone. If for any reason you feel your problem has not been sorted this way, there are other steps you can take.

Send us a letter

You may make a formal complaint. Mercury's internal complaints process is free for consumers to use. For your convenience, you can use the online Formal Complaint Form or you can write to us at: 
Private Bag 92008
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142
We’ll acknowledge your complaint within two working days, confirming that we've received it and provide the name of the person dealing with it.
Within seven working days, you will receive an update on the progress of the complaint, either by phone or via a written explanation.

Your other options

We're sure we'll be able to sort out any problems between us. However, if you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, or if we have taken longer than 20 working days to resolve your complaint (Mercury may notify you in writing of good reason to take up to 40 working days to resolve a complaint, where such reason exists), you have the right to take your complaint to Utilities Disputes. Utilities Disputes is a free and independent disputes service and can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 0800 22 33 40
Post: Utilities Disputes
          Freepost 192682
          PO Box 5875
          Wellington 6140
You can also choose to contact:
// Citizens Advice Bureau
// Community Law Centre
// Ministry of Consumer Affairs
// Your Lawyer
// Disputes Tribunal
// Courts

Important Note

Nothing in this process reduces or takes away any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or your right to make a claim to a court or disputes tribunal, or your right to refer your complaint to Utilities Disputes at any time.

Complaints about disputed bills

If you make a complaint disputing any amount on your bill, we won't disconnect your supply for not paying the disputed amount while we are investigating your complaint.
If you take your complaint to Utilities Disputes and we are advised of this, we won't disconnect your supply for not paying the disputed amount while your complaint is being considered.
Please note that you will still need to pay any undisputed amounts to avoid any action being taken by our credit department. Also, this does not stop us from disconnecting your supply for other reasons, as detailed in our Standard Terms and Conditions.