Sometimes we may charge you for specific services that are not part of your everyday power or gas supply. These one-off fees do not attract a Prompt Payment Discount. These fees are effective from 17 December 2010.
The service fees below apply to residential, farming and business customers (for their non-half hour meter sites only).
All prices listed include GST unless stated otherwise.
Meter Reading - Special (interim) or final
- Charged when a meter read is requested $15.00
- Charged when a meter read is requested within a one hour time range. (Only available in selected areas) $35.00
Electricity disconnection or reconnection fee (per visit)
- Disconnection for arrears or request by customer (safety disconnection) within working hours (8:00 - 5:00pm). $70.00
- Disconnection request by customer (safety disconnection only) within 3-5 hours, after hours, on the weekend or on a public holiday. $120.00
- Reconnection on same day during working hours (8:00 - 5:00pm). All reconnection request calls to be made by 4pm. $70.00
- Reconnection request by customer within 3-5 hours (for safety reconnection only), after hours, on the weekend or on a public holiday. $120.00
- Reconnection of power which has been off for more than six months (Service available in selected areas only)*. $140.00
*An additional charge may apply for urgent reconnections when a safety inspection is required.
Gas disconnection or reconnection fee (per visit)
- Disconnection (temporary or transitional ONLY) for arrears or request by customer (safety disconnection) within working hours (8:00 - 4:00pm). $120.00
- Reconnection on same day during working hours (8:00 - 4:00pm). $120.00
- Reconnection request by customer within 3-5 hours (for safety reconnection only), after hours, on the weekend or on a public holiday. $185.00
Metering Inspection call out fee
- Charged per visit when you request a representative to visit your premises to inspect, test, install and/or change your metering. This includes new connections, BTS to perm, meter shifts, overhead to underground, upgrade and downgrades, inspection after prescribed work and resealing a meter*. $241.50
*An additional charge may apply for urgent reconnections when a safety inspection is required. The new connection/BTS to perm fee may vary in some areas. Contact 0800 49 0003 for more information.
Repeat site visit
- When Mercury sends a contractor to a site and the job is not ready or access cannot be obtained a fee will apply. $92.00
Metering call out fee (per visit)
- A meter inspection call out required including but not limited to a tariff change, a physical change to the meter, faulty meter or for high or low consumption. $135.00
Credit site visit (per visit)
- Representative is required to visit your premises after all reasonable efforts have been exhausted to make a contact with the account holder and or alternative contact to discuss your power account, medical dependency or vulnerability status. $60.00
Prepay install - absent/refusal fee
- Charged if you do not keep an appointment to install a prepay meter or if you refuse to allow one of our representatives to install a prepay meter. $75.00
- Non-network fault call out fee $105.00
- Non-network no hot water call out fee $105.00
- Payment dishonour. $5.00
- Debt management $25.00
- Credit refund. (Free on closed accounts) $25.00
- Price plan change. (One free per year. A meter inspection call out fee may apply) $40.00
Collect outstanding debts. All costs
- Payment made in person over the counter $1.50
- A 1.5% service fee applies to one off credit /debit card payments***
- A 0.71% service fee applies to recurring credit / debit card payments.
- A bond may be charged as security for payment of your energy supply:
Residential per connection: $150.00
- Commercial per connection: Three times the average monthly charge. This is based on actual or estimated monthly charges, over the preceding 12 months, for the previous occupant.
***Credit / debit card transactions are only available on some price plans.