BONUS CREDIT ON A 2 YEAR FIXED PRICE PLAN.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
We like to reward our customers something a little more wonderful when they join on a fixed term plan. Lots of words, we know! But here’s everything you need to know about the Offer. Grab a cup of tea and have a read!
- This fixed term offer is available to non-Mercury residential customers who join Mercury online for electricity on a 2 year fixed price plan and are accepted as a Mercury customer in accordance with Mercury’s standard terms and conditions, including a satisfactory credit check.
- This offer applies for the duration of your 2 year fixed term price plan (“Offer Period”).
- If you are in The Lines Company Limited (“TLC”) area, your fixed price does not include charges for transmission, distribution and metering (“network services”). You will receive a separate bill from TLC for these network services. In other networks, these costs form part of your total fixed price.
- By taking up this offer, you will receive a $200 bill credit when you switch your electricity to Mercury. We’ll apply this credit to your Mercury account within 55 days after you have successfully joined.
- By joining Mercury online (via our website) on this offer, you will receive an additional $100 bill credit. We’ll apply this credit to your Mercury account within 55 days after you have successfully joined.
Changing your Fixed Term Plan
- If you cancel your fixed price plan before the end of your term an early termination fee of $150 (inclusive of GST, if any) will apply. This early termination fee does not apply if:
- You cancel within 30 days of your fixed price plan confirmation letter (and our standard non-fixed rates will apply during that period); or
- The fixed term period has expired and you have remained on this plan.
- If you move property during the fixed period, please contact us before you move and:
- You can take your fixed price plan with you so long as your move is within the same network and your new property has the same meter type; or
- If we are unable to transfer your fixed price plan to your new address, you will be transferred to standard Mercury prices and you will not be charged an early termination fee, as long as you remain a Mercury customer.
- Your fixed prices are based on your current meter type.
- If your meter type changes, where possible, we will put you on the fixed price plan for your new meter.
- If your current meter set up is incorrect, we will place you on the correct pricing plan that matches your meter.
- The fixed price plan does not include GST, and any of the Mercury Service Fees. Any subsequent change to the NZ Government GST rate, and Mercury Service Fees within the period of this agreement will apply.
- If you choose to move to a plan that includes solar generation rates for electricity during the term of this offer, your fixed term plan will automatically be terminated:
- 1. Your electricity supply will be moved to an open-term plan; and
2. A termination fee will not be applied.
- Please note that while the rates for other individual parts of your total price may change, we will make sure your total prices will remain fixed in line with this plan.
- If you are in the TLC area and if TLC appoints us as its agent to collect the charges for network services from you, we will pass these charges on to you and so your total price will change accordingly.
- Your fixed price plan term (and each renewal term after that (if any)), will be automatically renewed for another term if Mercury sends you written notice of your new fixed prices before the end of the term.
- You may choose not to renew your fixed price plan for a further term by telling Mercury by email, phone or in writing, that you do not wish to renew within the last 30 days of your then-current fixed price plan term.
- If Mercury does not notify you of the prices that will apply to a renewal term before the end of the term, your fixed price plan will expire at the end of such term.
- If your fixed price plan term is not renewed at the end of the then-current term (for any reason) then you will revert to standard Mercury prices at the end of such term.
- Unless we tell you otherwise, you cannot combine this offer or pricing plan with any other Mercury offer or pricing plan.
- The offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.