2-year fixed price plan
Terms and Conditions
Get price certainty with Mercury by joining us on a 2-year fixed price plan. Lots of words, we know! But here’s everything you need to know about the offer. Grab a cup of tea and have a read!
- This fixed term offer is available to existing residential Mercury customers that sign up to a 2-year fixed price plan with Mercury.
Fixed rates offer
- You’ll need to take up this offer by clicking on the email link sent to you by Mercury, completing the online call back request form and verbally accepting this offer during a phone call with a mercury sales agent between 3 March 2020 and 14 April 2020.
- The offer applies for 2 years from the date you sign up to your fixed term price plan.
Changing your Fixed Term Plan
- By taking up this offer, you’ll be fixing your new rates (shown in the price change email sent to you by Mercury) for the next 2 years.
A lot of words, we know… but this is the important stuff to know!
- If you choose to move to a rate plan that includes solar Generation Rates for electricity during the term of this offer the prices and terms set out in this plan will continue to apply.
- An early termination fee of $150 (inclusive of GST, if any) will apply if you cancel your fixed price plan before the end of your initial term, to compensate Mercury for its losses. This early termination fee does not apply if:
- You cancel within 30 days of your fixed price plan confirmation letter and your pre-existing rates will apply during that period; or
- Your term is a renewal term.
- If you move property during the fixed period, please contact us before you move and:
- You can take your fixed price plan with you so long as your move is within the same network and your new property has the same meter type; or
- If we are unable to transfer your fixed price plan to your new address, you will be transferred to standard Mercury prices and you will not be charged an early termination fee, as long as you remain a Mercury customer.
- Your fixed prices are based on your current meter type.
- If your meter type changes, where possible, we will put you on the fixed price plan for your new meter.
- If your current meter set up is incorrect, we will place you on the correct pricing plan that matches your meter.
- The fixed price plan does not include GST, and any of the Mercury Service Fees (as available on our website). Any subsequent change to the NZ Government GST rate, and Mercury Service Fees within the period of this agreement will apply.
- Please note that while the rates for other individual parts of your total price may change, we will make sure your total prices will remain fixed in line with this plan
- Your fixed price plan term (and each renewal term after that (if any)), will be automatically renewed for another term if Mercury sends you written notice of your new fixed prices before the end of the term.
- You may choose not to renew your fixed price plan for a further term by telling Mercury by email, phone or in writing, that you do not wish to renew within the last 30 days of your then-current fixed price plan term:
- If Mercury does not notify you of the prices that will apply to a renewal term before the end of the term, your fixed price plan will expire at the end of such term.
- If your fixed price plan term is not renewed at the end of the then-current term (for any reason) then you will revert to standard Mercury prices at the end of such term.
- Unless we tell you otherwise, you cannot combine this offer or pricing plan with any other Mercury offer or pricing plan.
- The offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Mercury’s standard residential terms apply. Please see our website mercury.co.nz for full details.