20 Free Jump Rides and 12 months fixed energy rates
Fixed Price Plan Terms and Conditions
We like to offer our customers something a little more wonderful when they join or switch to a fixed term plan. Lots of words, we know! But here’s everything you need to know about the Offer. Grab a cup of tea and have a read!
- This fixed term offer is available to residential customers who join Mercury on this 12 month fixed price plan and are accepted as a Mercury customer in accordance with Mercury’s standard terms and conditions, including a satisfactory credit check.
- The offer is available until 31 March 2020.
- By taking up this offer, you will receive a promotional code that can be redeemed for 20 free Jump rides (maximum value of $5 dollars per ride). You need to apply the promotional code in the Uber App to access your free Jump rides. Once you apply the promotional code, your next 20 Jump rides will be free.
- Your free rides will only be available for 12 months from the date you accept this offer, and can only be used in cities where Jump operates in New Zealand.
- Any personal information you provide to Jump will be used in accordance with Uber's Privacy Notice
- We will send you the Jump promotional code via email within 5 working days of your switch to Mercury being completed.
- The Jump General Promotion Terms apply to your use of the promotional code. The Jump Rental Agreement applies to your use of the Jump bikes and scooters, and the Uber User Terms apply to your use of the Uber App.
Changing your Fixed Term Plan
A lot of words, we know... but this is the important stuff to know!
- The term of your fixed price plan is for 12 months from the date you accept the offer and Mercury’s Terms and Conditions (“the Term”).
- If you choose to move to a plan that includes Solar Generation Rates for electricity during the Term, your fixed price plan will automatically be terminated:
- Your electricity and gas supply will be moved to an open-term plan; and
- A termination fee will not be applied.
- If you cancel your fixed price plan before the end of the Term an early termination fee of $150 (inclusive of GST, if any) will apply, to compensate Mercury for its losses. This early termination fee does not apply if:
- You cancel within 30 days of your fixed price plan confirmation letter (and your pre-existing rates will apply during that period); or
- The Term has expired and you have remained on this fixed price plan for the duration.
- If you move property during the Term, please contact us before you move and:
- You can take your fixed price plan with you so long as your move is within the same network and your new property has the same meter type; or
- If we are unable to transfer your fixed price plan to your new address, you will be transferred to standard Mercury prices and you will not be charged an early termination fee, as long as you remain a Mercury customer.
- Your fixed prices are based on your current meter type.
- If your meter type changes, where possible, we will put you on the fixed price plan for your new meter.
- If your current meter set up is incorrect, we will place you on the correct pricing plan that matches your meter.
- The fixed price plan does not include GST, and any of the Mercury Service Fees (as available on our website). Any subsequent change to the NZ Government GST rate, and Mercury Service Fees within the period of this agreement will apply.
- Please note that while the rates for other individual parts of your total price may change, we will make sure your total prices will remain fixed in line with this plan.
- Your fixed price plan will be automatically renewed for another term if Mercury sends you written notice of your new fixed prices before the end of your then-current fixed price plan term.
- You may choose not to renew your fixed price plan for a further term by telling Mercury by email, phone or in writing, that you do not wish to renew within 30 days of the end of your then-current fixed price plan term.
- If Mercury does not notify you of the prices that will apply to a renewal term before the end of the term, your fixed price plan will expire at the end of such term.
- If your fixed price plan term is not renewed at the end of the then-current term (for any reason) then you will revert to standard Mercury prices at the end of such term.
- Unless we tell you otherwise, you cannot combine this offer or pricing plan with any other Mercury offer or pricing plan.
- The offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Mercury's standard residential terms apply. Please see our website mercury.co.nz for full details.