24 month fixed energy rates with 200 Airpoints Dollars plus 5X Airpoints Dollars
Terms and Conditions
We like to offer our customers something a little more wonderful when they join or switch to a fixed term plan. Lots of words, we know! But here’s everything you need to know about the Offer. Grab a cup of tea and have a read!
- This fixed term offer is available to non-Mercury residential customers who join Mercury on this 2 year fixed price plan and are accepted as a Mercury customer in accordance with Mercury’s standard terms and conditions, including a satisfactory credit check.
- The term of your fixed price plan is for 2 years from the date you accept the offer and Mercury’s Terms and Conditions (“the Term”).
- The offer is available until 30 November 2019.
- By taking up this offer, you will earn 5x Airpoints Dollars on each Bill Payment you make to Mercury during the Term. “Bill Payments” means the amount, in New Zealand dollars, that you pay to Mercury when you receive a bill during the Term.
- If you’ve given us your valid Airpoints details, the Airpoints Dollars you’ve earned will show on your Airpoints Account within 10 business days after you have paid your Mercury bill.
Prompt Payment Discount
- By taking up this offer, you will earn a 10% prompt payment discount on any Bill Payment you make in full and on-time to Mercury during the Term (“PPD”). “Bill Payments” means the actual amount, in New Zealand dollars, that you pay to Mercury when you receive a bill during the Term.
- If you pay your Mercury bill in full and on-time, we will then apply your PPD as a credit to your next invoice. (A sweet discount for paying on time… yes please!)
Changing your Fixed Term Plan
- By taking up this offer to switch your electricity to Mercury, you will receive 200 bonus AirpointsTM dollars which we will apply to your Air New Zealand AirpointsTM account within 55 days after you have joined or switched to the fixed price plan. We won’t be able to apply your Airpoints DollarsTM until you supply us with your valid AirpointsTM details.
A lot of words, we know… but this is the important stuff to know!
- If you choose to move to a plan that includes Solar Generation Rates for electricity during the Term, your fixed price plan will automatically be terminated and:
- Your electricity and gas supply will be moved to an open-term plan; and
- A termination fee will not be applied.
- If you cancel your fixed price plan before the end of the Term an early termination fee of $150 (inclusive of GST, if any) will apply, to compensate Mercury for its losses. This early termination fee does not apply if:
- You cancel within 30 days of your fixed price plan confirmation letter (and your pre-existing rates will apply during that period); or
- The Term has expired and you have remained on this fixed price plan for the duration.
- If you move property during the Term, please contact us before you move and:
- You can take your fixed price plan with you so long as your move is within the same network and your new property has the same meter type; or
- If we are unable to transfer your fixed price plan to your new address, you will be transferred to standard Mercury prices and you will not be charged an early termination fee, as long as you remain a Mercury customer.
- Your fixed prices are based on your current meter type.
- If your meter type changes, where possible, we will put you on the fixed price plan for your new meter.
- If your current meter set up is incorrect, we will place you on the correct pricing plan that matches your meter.
- The fixed price plan does not include GST, and any of the Mercury Service Fees (as available on our website). Any subsequent change to the NZ Government GST rate, and Mercury Service Fees within the period of this agreement will apply.
- Please note that while the rates for other individual parts of your total price may change, we will make sure your total prices will remain fixed in line with this plan.
- Your fixed price plan will be automatically renewed for another term of 2 years if Mercury sends you written notice of your new fixed prices before the end of your then-current fixed price plan term.
- You may choose not to renew your fixed price plan for a further term by telling Mercury by email, phone or in writing, that you do not wish to renew within 30 days of the end of your then-current fixed price plan term.
- If Mercury does not notify you of the prices that will apply to a renewal term before the end of the term, your fixed price plan will expire at the end of such term.
- If your fixed price plan term is not renewed at the end of the then-current term (for any reason) then you will revert to standard Mercury prices at the end of such term.
- Unless we tell you otherwise, you cannot combine this offer or pricing plan with any other Mercury offer or pricing plan.
- The offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Mercury’s standard residential terms and Airpoints™ terms apply. Please see our website mercury.co.nz for full details.