Go to Business Terms and Conditions
20210322 Special Conditions – TOU WHOLESALE MARKET RATE (SPOT)
20210322 TOU Classic Fixed Rate FPVV
20200731 Standard terms and conditions for business customers
20210430 Direct Debit Authority
Terms & Conditions
Residential Terms and Conditions
20210431 Direct Debit Authority
Direct Debit Authority
CONDITIONS OF THIS AUTHORITY TO ACCEPT DIRECT DEBITS
1. You agree and acknowledge that this authority is subject to:
a. Your bank’s terms and conditions that relate to your account – Mercury recommends that you obtain a copy of these to review them prior to giving this authority (these can usually be found on their website, otherwise please contact your bank); and
b. The Specific Conditions listed below.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS RELATING TO NOTICES AND DISPUTES
2. You may ask your bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
a. You don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from the initiator (Mercury), or
b. You receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
3. You may ask your bank to reverse a direct debit up to 9 months after the date the initiator sent the first direct debit under the authority if you are not reasonably satisfied that the authority authorised your bank to debit your account with the amount of the direct debit.
4. The initiator (Mercury) is required to give you a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit no less than 2 business days before the date of the debit.
5. If the bank dishonours a direct debit but the initiator (Mercury) sends the direct debit a second time within 5 business days of the original direct debit, the initiator (Mercury) is not required to notify you a second time of the amount and date of the direct debit.