Finding it hard to pay?

We understand that sometimes it’s tough to pay your power bills. So if you're having trouble, there are some things you can do:

// ask family and friends for help

// ask your church or other community group for help

// call Work and Income New Zealand on 0800 559 009 to ensure you are receiving all the money you are entitled to

// call a budgeting advice service close to you. There are free and confidential budgeting services throughout New Zealand. To find one in your area, contact one of the budget agencies listed below

// contact us to talk about other options for payment. Below you’ll see some alternative ways to pay your bills

Get Bill and Budget help.

The following agencies may be able to help you with bill payments, or speaking to us on your behalf:

Citizens Advice Bureau // 0800 FOR CAB (0800 367 222)

MoneyTalks // 0800 345 123

Salvation Army // Find a centre near you

Work and Income New Zealand // 0800 559 009

Need someone to speak for you?

Need someone to speak for you?

If you think you could have difficulties paying your bills or may have trouble communicating with us for any reason, you can provide us with one or more preferred contacts who could speak to us on your behalf. This could be a family member, a friend, or a social agency.

They don’t have to pay your bill, but can help you sort out any payment problems. To help you, the preferred contact will need to be able to access your account details. To do this we will need your permission, you can add preferred contacts in My Account.

Financial Hardship

We understand that financial difficulties that make it hard to pay your power bill can affect anyone at different times.
If you're finding it difficult to pay your bill, please complete our this Financial Hardship form so we can give your circumstances special consideration.

Enter your account details


Please enter the contact details of a person you authorise to manage your energy account on your behalf in the event that you are not available.


Enter the contact details of any relevant social agencies you are dealing with, e.g. Work and Income, Citizens Advice Bureau, etc.